Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter and I go wild over this mustard.
Make and share this Cherry Dijon-Glazed Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Drain cherries, reserving syrup.
- Combine the cherry syrup, wine, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the cornstarch and juice concentrate in small saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce; reserve for later use.
- Stir cherries into remaining sauce; cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush ham with remaining 1/4 cup mustard.
- Bake ham as directed on package (I think it says 20 minutes per pound), brushing occasionally with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce for the last 30 minute of the baking time.
- Meanwhile, cook cherry sauce on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Carve ham.
- Serve ham slices topped with the warm cherry sauce.
We had this for easter and it was very good. I put the sauce on everything and I like it better then ketchup! Thanks Chef!
This was a great sauce! The tangy mustard and the sweet cherries were a wonderful combination with the salty ham. I used Jacob's Creek Shiraz-Cabernet blend for the wine and it was a great match. Thank you Charlotte J for a great Easter Ham!