Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Haven't tried this out yet. It looks so yummy! I may give it a try this weekend when I go over for lunch with friends
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tart cherries, pitted & drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, comine the sugar, flour, cherries, sour cream, egg and extract; stir well.
- Spoon into the pastry shell.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges of crust to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Great pie! It's a nice change from the usual cherry pie. I liked mine served chilled. Thanks for sharing! I made it using "Recipe#336078".
Lovely! We had a bumper crop of sour cherries this year, so I used about four cups instead of the canned cherries and the results were very satisfying. I will definitely make this again.
This is a great recipe. I recognize it from Taste of Home. It has very unique ingredients in it, and is very easy to put together. I have made it a couple of times for potlucks, and there is never any left! Thank you for posting here for safe keeping!