Rhubarb Crumble Pie
photo by Tamra D.
- Ready In:
- Topping: Combine flour& sugar in a bowl; using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is in fine crumbs.
- Set aside.
- PIE: Combine sugar, flour& salt in a bowl; whisk in egg until smooth.
- Add rhubarb& toss to coat.
- Scrape into pie shell& dot with butter.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake in the bottom third of a preheated 425F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F& continue baking until topping is golden& filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven& cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This pie was out of this world amazing! I made it for a church fundraiser and actually paid for a piece of my own pie I liked it so much! LOL I made it just like written, using just over 1 lb. of rhubarb. Thanks soooooo much for this recipe - I will be making it over and over from now on! :) - May 8, 2007. Update: I've made this quite a few times now and this last time I left out the 2 Tbsp butter over the filling and it came out just fine and I felt just a little less guilty about eating it. LOL Thanks again!
WOW !!! I made this last night and OMG....This is so good... But I goofed and did not use Brown Sugar in the topping and I noticed my error after I mixed the egg and sugar together so....I just added a Tablespoon of Molasses instead. And I will do it again the same way....oh so good and easy....otherwise I followed the recipe ...and my picture is in the share photos...Thanks you, " Country Lady ", for your recipe..
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">