Recipe by ~Nimz~
The original recipe is from TOH with some additions by me. We had this for lunch today and really enjoyed it. Cook time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by Kathy(
This chicken salad has lots of different flavors and textures that work well together. I thought I had a package of dried cherries in the pantry, actually is was dried cranberries, but they were good. I loved the crunch of the apple, celery and almonds. This recipe is a winner!
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tart apple, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, onion, apple, egg and sliced almonds.
- In another small bowl, combine the mayo and lemon juice.
- Add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve on Croissants or crackers.