Cherry, Chicken, and Pecan Wheat Berry Salad
photo by agileangus
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wheat berries
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup cherries, pitted & halved
- 4 cups greens
- 2 ounces feta or 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine 2 1/2 tbs oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add wheat berries, nuts and chicken. Toss.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp oil to pan. Add onion & thyme. Cook 3 minutes. Add to wheat berry mixture. Toss. Stir in cherries and greens. Toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!