Cherry Chicken Salad
A favorite lunchtime standby--a nice change of pace if you like chicken-fruit salad but you're tired of your standard chicken and grapes mixture.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cold cooked chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup thin-sliced celery
- 16 maraschino cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- Mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder and sour cream.
- Mix this dressing with the chicken, celery and fruits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
All my favorites in one bowl! Husband has an aversion to maraschino cherries, so I used fresh Bings. I would advise to use the maraschinos, though, next time I will, and even hubby said it would add a "certain something" to the taste. Either way, this was a nice cool dinner after the Hydroplane Races! Thanks Echo! YUM!