This is a very easy and elegant chicken salad recipe given to me by my sister. Serve it on croissant rolls, add a pasta salad and fresh fruit salad and you have a very nice meal.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped use a few of the green tops
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes or 2 1/2 cups green seedless grapes, cut in half
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate approximately 3-4 hours to let flavors blend.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I threw this together for supper quickly using canned chicken on a very hot (107 degrees) summer day. We served it in whole grain pita pockets with watermelon slices and potato chips on the side. I didn't have time to allow it to meld before supper, and the flavors were only so-so. The leftovers that I had for lunch the next day were great, though. It really does come together after sitting awhile.