Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original recipe is from TOH with some additions by me. We had this for lunch today and really enjoyed it. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, onion, apple, egg and sliced almonds.
- In another small bowl, combine the mayo and lemon juice.
- Add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve on Croissants or crackers.
This chicken salad has lots of different flavors and textures that work well together. I thought I had a package of dried cherries in the pantry, actually is was dried cranberries, but they were good. I loved the crunch of the apple, celery and almonds. This recipe is a winner!
A wonderful chicken salad. I especially like that it has dried cherries because tart fresh or dried cherries are good for people with gout. It is also easier to keep on hand instead of the grapes that most people put into their chicken salad. Thanks Nimz...you are a very good chef! Made for Spring PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Yum, really enjoyed this. My celery had gone rubbery, so I omitted it. I served on orowheat sandwhich thins and with Sam's Caprese Salad. Tasty and satisfying!