Recipe by Carrie in Indiana
Another Pampered Chef favorite of mine. Whenever I make this, I never have leftovers. I have had people insist it must be from a bakery. I say of course it is, MINE!! The extra effort into the presentation makes all the difference!
Top Review by alibedford
I made this recipe 11-15-2013 and it is so delicious and im making again for thanksgiving but this time im making a cherry on a strawberry one and one blueberry my mom loves this recipe with coffee. thumbs up sweet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine crean cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Unrool crescent rolls and reserve four triangles for decoration.
- Separate remaining dough into 12 triangles and arrange on a 15" round baking sheet (Baking stone preferably) with points toward the center.
- Roll dough into a 14" circle to seal the seams.
- Cut the center out with a glass and discard.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges; top with pie filling.
- Roll remaining dogh into a rectangle; 6" wide and 7" long.
- Cut lengthwise into 12 strips.
- Twist strips and place in a spoke-like fashion over filling.
- Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Brush strips with lightly beaten egg white.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- For Glaze: Mix remaining powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake.