Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake Cake
photo by Vyrianna
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and arrange 12 of the triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of the Large Round Stone - the points will not meet in the center.
- Lightly flour and roll out the seams making a 14" circle with a 3" hole in the center.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla and spread over dough.
- Top with pie filling.
- Cut each of the 4 remaining triangles into thirds (starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point). Arrange over filling evenly in spoke-like pattern.
- Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until glaze consistency and drizzle over coffee cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom with a young daughter. I'm looking for small portion meals usually for our lunch. Since DH and I both love desserts and hate waste, I keep an eye out for smaller sized dessert recipes. Since my husband enjoys cooking, he typically handles the evening meal. We are trying to eat healthier, so less prepared mixes, and canned soups, and more things from scratch.