Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
This is a fabulous coffee cake. Cream Cheese adds to the richness and it just melts in your mouth. I like to make this when I have a good friend coming by for coffee, as if I just whipped it up! Impressive and Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- Grease and flour (or spray with Pam) bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; reserve 1 cup of mixture setting aside.
- To crumb mixture in bowl add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg and almond extract blending well.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg and poor over batter in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup of crumb mixture over all.
- Bake at 350° 45 to 50 minutes or until cheese filling is set and cake is golden.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before removing sides of pan slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is such an elegant-looking coffee cake and it is definitely very rich and yummy. I actually think it tastes more like a pound cake than a coffee cake, though. Still, it will definitely impress your guests; they will think you have worked all day on this. I especially love the almond flavoring. I think it would also be wonderful with some sweetened fresh berries on top.