- 1 lb sour cherry
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pit cherries.
- Cook in water to cover with cinnamon stick 1 hour.
- Discard cinnamon stick.
- Put cherries through a sieve and bring the juice to the boiling point.
- Soften the cornstarch with a little cold water, mix with the sugar and stir into the juice.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Serve cold on puddings, fruit cakes, pound or other cakes.