Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Posted in response to request for bread machine jam cycle recipes. From Cuisinart. I have not tried this.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed if frozen
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cherry brandy (Kirschwasser)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Transfer to bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Place the bread pan in the machine, select the Jam cycle, and start.
- Scrape down the sides of the pan 5 and 10 minutes into the cycle.
- Transfer jam into clean jars. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate. Keeps regrigerated 4 to 6 weeks.
I made 2 batches and neither jelled right. It was quite tart. I would be interested to see if anyone else has any luck with this recipe, because it sounds very good.