Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chili is packed with flavor and fiber. Make a big batch for a crowd or freeze it in single-serving containers for up to 4 months.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 lime
- 3⁄4 cup low fat shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic cloves and spices, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add beans and stock. Stir and simmer for 25 minutes. Add corn and green chilies, continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze lime into chili. Serve with 1 tablespoon of cheese per cup of soup.
- If you prefer a thicker chili, puree 1/4 of the soup before you add the corn.