Recipe by beckerd
This is a different easy rice dish that goes good with roasted meats. If you want another way to use spinach then this recipe would be for you.
Top Review by stormylee
This is soo rich and yummy! Instead of a seasoning packet (we don't have rice mixes here!), I used Recipe #26251. I'm not too fond of mushrooms, so I used sliced water chestnuts, which added some nice crunch! Also omitted the butter. A fabulous side dish - I will definitely try this as a main dish too by adding cooked & seasoned chicken bits... Mmm! Thank you very much for sharing!
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt casserole dish, combine rice mix and seasoning packet with mushrooms.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, spinach, onion, butter, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- Stir; pour over rice mixture.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Bake, covered in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture.
- Cover;bake 15-20 minutes more or until rice is tender.
- Stir again.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.