Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by FruitLoop
This was a rich, creamy, comforting dish. This dish is loaded with mushrooms and that makes this superb. I left out the nutmeg because my kids are slightly picky. I made this as a side dish for roast chicken but I think it would make a great meatless main dish as well. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add onion and green onion; cook 2 minutes; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return immediately to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except sauteed vegetables and parsley; cook over low heat until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Add sauteed vegetables, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.