Swiss Pork and Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork loin chop, boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut pork crosswise into thin strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry pork, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned but still slightly pink inside. With slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
- Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Return pork to pan. Stir in sour cream and stock; cook, without boiling, for 1 minute or until hot. Stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Join The Conversation
Yum! This reminded me of beef stroganoff but with tender pork instead. We enjoyed this over some egg noodles and thought it was great comfort food. The only change I made was to add some umami seasoning (from Trader Joe's) because I forgot to add salt and pepper to flavor the pork and thought it needed a little more flavoring. At that point, I could have added the salt and pepper to the finished product, but I thought it would be a good time to try my new spice. it worked beautifully with this dish!