1/4 Photos of Cheesy Ham Chowder
tree luee dee's Note:
This is a wonderful Fall recipe. It came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. It is warm, filling and makes quite a bit. One of our favorite soups!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dutch oven or large soup kettle cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 3In the leftover drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender.
- 4Stir in flour until blended.
- 5Gradually add milk and water.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper.
- 9Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 10Add cheese and ham.
- 11Heat until cheese is melted.
- 12Stir in bacon.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ham Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 346.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g