Recipe by smiles4u
I found this on in a Low Carb Life recipe book. Good substitute for a mac and cheese type casserole for those watching carbs.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8" round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine onion and 1 cup water in small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables and cook 5 minutes more or until tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan mix the milk with the cornstarch, bouillon granules and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the cheese and mustard and cook, stirring, until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the vegetables in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with the egg slices.
- Pour and spread the sauce over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Arrange tomato slices on top and bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until heated through.