Southwestern Cheesy Eggs
photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- Combine flour, salt and butter in a large bowl. Add eggs, cottage cheese, chilies and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled this back for 3 and the DM and I had a wonderful pig out and between us gobbled it all up. For the DM's sake I omitted the chillies and had to use a cheddar cheese as monterey jack is not available in Australia but added a generous serve of freshly ground pepper to the mix and sprinkled a smokey paprika on the top before popping into a 175C fan forced oven for 25 minutes. It was like eating a cross between a cheesey omelette and a soufle, delicious, thank you Galley Wench, made for Went to the Market.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"