Recipe by JenniferK2
My original Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole is very simple and is a hit with kids especially, but honestly it is not my favorite. I have issues with the flavor of processed cheese (think Cheez Whiz, Velveeta, etc). So I came up with this alternative, which is just as easy as the original, and now I enjoy it too!
Top Review by TexasKelly
This was pretty good. I cut the recipe in half, and added cooked onion & pepper to the beef mixture. I couldn't really detect any cheese in the meat mixture so next time I might add more. I also sprinkled some freshly chopped tomato over top of the fries as I was adding the cheese to melt over top. My husband requested that I make it again- thanks for posting the recipe.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces frozen french fries (crinkle cut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain grease.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, mustard, soup mix and water; blend well. Mix in 1 c of the cheddar and the swiss cheese.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish; top with french fries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400° until fries are golden brown.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.