Recipe by nemokitty
I found this on the web one day and can't remember the site. It was pre-Zaar days since this is the only site now for food!!!
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
So good! The cheese mixture in these is delicious. I didn't have fresh parsely so I used about 1/3 the amount of dried. Otherwise, followed the recipe as written. I will definately make these again. Thanks for sharing nemokitty! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
- 18 button mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems; combine with cheeses and parsley.
- Spoon the mixture into mushroom caps.
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic.
- Pour butter over mushrooms to coat all sides, which keeps them from drying out.
- Bake on parchment paper for 5-10 minutes, till lightly browned.