1/6 Photos of Cheese Stuffed Italian Meatloaf
1 hr 10 mins
I wanted to make a different sort of meatloaf for dinner last night, and this is what I came up with. This meatloaf is moist and cheesy and oh-so-delicious! Tastes pretty darn good cold, too. :) I often make a double batch and freeze one in a disposable meatloaf pan to give to bachelor friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or in the jar
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, in about 1/4 inch pieces
- additional pasta sauce, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the egg, breadcrumbs (I whir herbed dry stuffing mix in my food processor to make these), garlic, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce until well-mixed.
- 3Add remaining ingredients (except the garnish), and mix together well (I do the whole thing in my sturdy KitchenAid mixer, which works quite well).
- 4Put into a large loaf pan, top/garnish with additional pasta sauce (I like a*lot* of sauce and so use about a half-cup, but three or four tablespoons would do, too), and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- 5Serve with rice, spaghetti, or scalloped potatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Italian Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 1063.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g