Recipe by Trixyinaz
Found this recipe on the Fondue Factory. I got the idea from Canarygirl to do a fondue dinner for my husband. I decided to go all out and do an appetizer (this one), a main course with oil, and of course a chocolate dessert one. This cheese recipe was awesome!
Top Review by Margie99
We really liked this. I used sharp cheddar instead of American. This recipe does not claim to be an authentic Swiss style fondue and it is not, but it is a great fondue that I will make again. We use a non alcoholic beer instead of regular beer. It was a little stringy but not bad at all. I would add a little lemon juice to combat the stringiness if it was a bother but it wasn't, just made the fondue more fun.
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded (white or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses with the cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Toss to coat.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- In a saucepan or fondue pot (I have an electric fondue pot), heat the beer until warm over medium heat.
- Over medium low heat, add the cheese mixture slowly, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- If you used a saucepan to melt the cheese, transfer the cheese to a fondue pot and keep warm over a fondue burner, etc.
- If using an electric fondue pot to melt your cheese, turn it to warm.
- Serve with bread, pretzels or bread sticks.