1/2 Photos of Cheese and Pepper Enchiladas
1 hr 10 mins
From Sundays at Moosewood. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005. Serve over a bed of brown rice and top with the hot sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-2 large garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml chile, minced
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 591.47-709.77 ml chopped bell peppers (use a variety of colors)
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml cottage cheese
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onions, garlic, chiles, and cumin in the oil for 5-7 minutes, until onions are soft.
- 2Add the chopped peppers, cover, and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in all the cheeses.
- 4Add salt to taste and set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Soften tortillas by frying individually in a little oil for just a few seconds on each side. Drain well on paper towels.
- 7Place a tortilla on a flat surface.
- 8Spoon 1/4 - 1/2 cup of cheese and pepper filling onto the half of the tortilla closest to you. Roll and place, seam side down,in a greased baking pan.
- 9Bake tightly covered for 20-25 minutes.
- 10When the enchiladas are baking, prepare the hot sauce.
- 11Puree the tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, chiles, coriander and cumin in a blender until smooth.
- 12Simmer, uncovered, on how heat for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste. (If you use fresh tomatoes, you may need to simmer for even longer.).
- 13Serve the enchiladas on a bed of rice and top with the hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Pepper Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 721.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g