Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tis the season for dips and spreads. This is cheesy, tasty and easy to make. Originally from the Prodigy cooking site, circa 1/93; and it's still good after all these years. There are a lot of excellent Prodigy recipes in my "Olde" file. Way back then, I read Prodigy on a black screen with gold letters, called it my Steeler computer! Ahhhh, the good old days. Add 20-25 minutes to time if you want to serve this hot.
- 1 cup sharp cold pack cheddar cheese, room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup mild thick & chunky salsa (or spicy!)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, at medium speed, beat cheese until creamy. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve as a dip.
- Cooking Tip: FOR WARM: Prepare as above, spoon cheese mixture into a 1-quart casserole. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- *Number of servings depends on appetites of guests!