Recipe by CountryLady
This recipe came from a lady who worked in the Bell Canada cafeteria for many years. They were a favourite coffee break snack for most employees.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted & then cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, melted butter, egg& cayenne.
- In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar& salt.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and stir batter until it is just combined.
- The batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins (buttered or lined) filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes.