Recipe by Normaone
This is really a fabulous hors d'oeuvre. Everything except frosting the pie with sour cream can be completed well ahead of time. Plus, it serves alot of people!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can flat anchovy, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar black caviar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup sour cream
- extra chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash hard cooked eggs and mix with butter and half of chopped onion.
- Spread evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and refrigrate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Mash anchovies and blend with mayonnaise and chopped parsley.
- Spread on top of egg mixture.
- Carefully combine caviar and remaining chopped onion and add lemon juice.
- Spread on top of pie.
- Refrigrate until serving time.
- Frost with sour cream just before serving.
- Garnish with a little extra chopped parsley.
- Serve with simple crackers.