1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Soup
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006, this popular Scandinavian soup can be served warm or chilled and can be accented with a few spoonfuls of Madeira wine put into the individual servings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat two cups water to boiling in large saucepan; add cauliflower and onions; heat back to boiling then reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about ten minutes; do not drain.
- 2Pour everything into blender container (may have to do this in more than one batch) and blend on high speed until smooth.
- 3Heat butter in large saucepan until melted; stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- 4Stir in 1 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir for one minute.
- 5Stirin cauliflower mixture, bouillon, celery salt, salt and pepper; heat just to boiling.
- 6Stir in half and half; heat just until hot, do not reboil.
- 7Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: