Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006, this popular Scandinavian soup can be served warm or chilled and can be accented with a few spoonfuls of Madeira wine put into the individual servings
- Heat two cups water to boiling in large saucepan; add cauliflower and onions; heat back to boiling then reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about ten minutes; do not drain.
- Pour everything into blender container (may have to do this in more than one batch) and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Heat butter in large saucepan until melted; stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir for one minute.
- Stirin cauliflower mixture, bouillon, celery salt, salt and pepper; heat just to boiling.
- Stir in half and half; heat just until hot, do not reboil.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg.
I put skimmilk instead of cream and it came out just as good as if I would have used cream.
Thick and delicious soup. Simple to make (I used my handheld immersion blender so it was very easy!); not a lot of ingredients, but great flavor! Thanx for the wonderful recipe; I'll make this again.
i love cauliflower soup and this is good one