1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Sara 76's Note:
This is one of Jamie Oliver's recipes. It is delicious! My whole family loves this, even my 8 year old..and he doesn't usually eat soup at all!! I totally recommend adding the bacon as a garnish, it really finishes it off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and roughly chop the carrots.
- 2Slice the celery.
- 3Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- 4Peel and slice the garlic.
- 5Cut the cauliflower into 1.5cm slices.
- 6Put a large pan on medium heat and add 2tb olive oil.
- 7Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- 8Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
- 9Grate the cheddar into a bowl and put to one side for later.
- 10Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle.
- 11Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add the vegetables.
- 12Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- 13Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- 14Remove the pan from the heat.
- 15Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese and mustard.
- 16Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until silky smooth.
- 17Divide between your serving bowls and grate over some nutmeg, if you like.
- 18If you want to dress it up a bit, top it with some lightly fried crispy bacon.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1147.6
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 1377.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 77.0 g
- Sugars 75.1 g
- Protein 81.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes