This is one of Jamie Oliver's recipes. It is delicious! My whole family loves this, even my 8 year old..and he doesn't usually eat soup at all!! I totally recommend adding the bacon as a garnish, it really finishes it off!
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots.
- Slice the celery.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1.5cm slices.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and add 2tb olive oil.
- Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
- Grate the cheddar into a bowl and put to one side for later.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle.
- Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add the vegetables.
- Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese and mustard.
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until silky smooth.
- Divide between your serving bowls and grate over some nutmeg, if you like.
- If you want to dress it up a bit, top it with some lightly fried crispy bacon.