Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Found this in a farm paper it is by Linda Ann Zelen
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups broccoli, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup cashew halves
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. put onion, chicken and 1 bouillon cube.
- Cover and microwave for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Add mushrooms, rice, boiling water, ginger and remaining bouillon cubes.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Stir and add broccoli, making sure rice is covered with liquid.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cashews, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Place remaining on top.
- Brown under broiler then serve.