1/1 Photo of Cashew Chicken
A favorite of mine from my mother's kitchen. She's Chinese, so you know it's amazing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- hot bean paste (or red chili flakes)
- 1In bowl, stir together ingredients for marinate.
- 2In separate bowl or cup, stir together ingredients for sauce.
- 3Trim fat from chicken breast. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. Stir chicken into marinate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Coarsely chop onion. Drain water chestnuts and baby corn.
- 5Heat 1 T oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken to pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan.
- 6Heat 1 T oil and add garlic, ginger, onion, water chestnuts, and baby corn. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 7Add chicken to pan. Add 1 tsp hot bean sauce. Stir well.
- 8Add sauce and mix well, allowing the sauce to bubble and thicken. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1324.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 29.8 g