Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Carrot and potatoes go together surprisingly well. This soup testifies to that.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (use more)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions& garlic in margarine until tender.
- Add chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, Italian seasoning and bay leaf.
- Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 20-25 minutes .
- Discard bay leaf and puree soup.
- Season with salt& pepper.
Easy soup. Good way to get more carrots into your diet. Filling and healthy. My suggestion to make this recipe easier: Boil diced carrots and potatoes in small amount of water until tender, mash (e.g. w/ potato masher), and then add the chicken broth to your desired soup consistency. Alternative to pureeing in a blender.
Very tasty and nutritious! I used more than double the garlic stated in the recipe, and I think I will use even more next time I make this soup.
This soup is the best soup ever!!! Loved it! Had to make a couple of changes: used beef stock (from stock cubes, didn't have chicken), slightly more potatoes, 1 teaspoon of herbes de provence (didn't have italian seasoning) and no bay leaf. Turned out great. 1st choice for comfort food now :)