1/3 Photos of Carrot Cake Supreme With Buttermilk Glaze and Cream Cheese Frost
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Southern Living cookbook and it is the BEST!!! I am a custom cake baker and decorator and am always hunting for great cake recipes. I know it looks intimidating, as the recipe has 3 parts: Cake, Glaze and Frosting...that's why there's soo many ingredients listed. Every time I make this cake people literally go crazy...I've even had a marriage proposal over this one! Watch out people...you might just get yourself hitched.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
deluxe cream cheese frosting
- 1For Cake:.
- 2Grease three 8 or 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- 3Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- 4In your mixing bowl, beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 5Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- 6Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Buttermilk Glaze:.
- 10Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium to large saucepan.
- 11Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly until glaze is golden.
- 12Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and cool slightly.
- 13Drizzle warm buttermilk glaze evenly over warm cake layers; cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- 14Remove from pans, inverting layers. Peel parchment; invert again, glaze side up.
- 15Cool completely on wire racks.
- 16Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- 17Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 18Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy.
- 19Stir in vanilla.
- 20Frost with Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top of sides of cake.
- 21Chill cake several hours before slicing.
- 22Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Supreme With Buttermilk Glaze and Cream Cheese Frost
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 568.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 72.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g