Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was in one of those mailer flyers. I haven't tried it yet but know that if I don't post it I will loose it. I sounds very good. When I bake it I am going to try using Splenda for 1/2 the sugar. Will update let you know how it goes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a non-stick 9-inch by 3-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the oil and sugar; add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- Mix in carrots and pecans.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
This is a great moist bread, and I was excited to find a way to use up some bananas and grated carrots that I had in the freezer. I left out the nuts because I didn't have any- sprinkled some raw sugar on top before putting the loaf pan in the oven to bake (mine took about 70minutes).
Delicious and moist! Will do this again and again!
Very moist and flavorful, and rose up nicely. I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup and may try 1/2 cup next time. Perfect blend of spices. I had a slice with a scoop of vanilla non-fat, no sugar added ice cream for dessert. Yummy. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.