Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was in one of those mailer flyers. I haven't tried it yet but know that if I don't post it I will loose it. I sounds very good. When I bake it I am going to try using Splenda for 1/2 the sugar. Will update let you know how it goes.
Top Review by Nickeletta
This is a great moist bread, and I was excited to find a way to use up some bananas and grated carrots that I had in the freezer. I left out the nuts because I didn't have any- sprinkled some raw sugar on top before putting the loaf pan in the oven to bake (mine took about 70minutes).
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 -3 medium bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a non-stick 9-inch by 3-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the oil and sugar; add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- Mix in carrots and pecans.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.