Banana Bread (Pillsbury's Recipe)
I haven't personally tried this, it's in response to a request. It's from the Pillsbury Complete Cookbook, 2000.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease bottom only of 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and margarine, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then add the bananas, milk and vanilla--blending well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, nuts (if using), baking soda and salt--mix well.
- Add to the banana mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Wrap and store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I very much enjoy this recipe. I first found in on the back of the 5 lb Bag of Pillsbury APFlour. I also add 1 cup of cranberries or raisins- whatever is available Suggestion: Cover the top with parchment paper while cooking. Otherwise it gets too brown. Take off the paper last 10 minutes of baking. That's my 2 cents!Reply
see 1 more