Maple Oatmeal Muffins
photo by MomLuvs6
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add syrup, butter and egg; blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: For mini muffins, bake 8-10 minutes or until done.
see 1 more reviews