1/2 Photos of Carrabba's Mussels " Cozze Bianco"
This is a copy cat of Carrabba's Restaurant's mussels (they are incredible). I had to find their recipe. I hope you think they just come close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups mussels
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pernod or 2 tablespoons other licorice liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice and pulp of
Lemon Butter Sauce(use 3/4 cup)
- 2Soak mussels in cold water for 8 min; scrub with stiff brush and remove beard with sharp knife;rinse mussels again in cold water.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet; add mussels; cover and cook until shells begin to open, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add onion and garlic; toss to mix; cook, covered, for 1 minute.
- 5Add Pernod, basil,lemon juice and lemon butter sauce; cook for 45 seconds.
- 6Discard any mussels that did not open. Serve in deep bowl.
- 7Lemon Butter Sauce:.
- 8Melt butter over low heat;remove from heat and let sit until the milk solids settle to the bottom; skim the clear butter from the top; discard the sediment.
- 9Sauté onion and garlic in 2 tbs of the clarified butter until transparent.
- 10Stir in lemon juice and white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Simmer 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid.
- 12Remove from heat and swirl in cold butter until sauce is smooth and butter is melted.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrabba's Mussels " Cozze Bianco"
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.7
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 175.5 mg
- Sodium 1167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: