Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr
A recipe I created when I was trying to duplicate Carne Asada Fries from Filibertos.
Make and share this Carne Asada Fries recipe from Food.com.
- peanut oil or other vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, like russets
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oil in a fryer to 325 degrees F.
- Skin potatoes, and cut into uniform sized matchsticks.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of ice water to release some of the starch and to keep them from browning.
- Dry the potatoes strips thoroughly to keep them from splattering.
- Fry the potatoes for 3 minutes until soft but not golden brown, do not over-crowd them.
- Remove and place on paper towel. Turn heat up to 350, and place back in fryer for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- Carne Asada:.
- Mix tequila, juices, garlic, onion, Tabasco, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add steaks to marinade, ensuring they are completely covered.
- Place in refrigerator 4-6 hours, turning occasionally to ensure they stay submerged in marinade.
- Remove steaks, and grill about 7 minutes on each side.
- Cut into 1"x1/2" strips, set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend with hand blender until smooth, or mash with a fork.
- Put a handful of fries in a bowl and top with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup carne asada strips, 1/4 cup guacmole, and 1/4 cup sour cream. Enjoy! (:.