1/1 Photo of Carne Asada Fries
A recipe I created when I was trying to duplicate Carne Asada Fries from Filibertos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2Heat oil in a fryer to 325 degrees F.
- 3Skin potatoes, and cut into uniform sized matchsticks.
- 4Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of ice water to release some of the starch and to keep them from browning.
- 5Dry the potatoes strips thoroughly to keep them from splattering.
- 6Fry the potatoes for 3 minutes until soft but not golden brown, do not over-crowd them.
- 7Remove and place on paper towel. Turn heat up to 350, and place back in fryer for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 8Let drain on paper towels.
- 9Carne Asada:.
- 10Mix tequila, juices, garlic, onion, Tabasco, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 11Add steaks to marinade, ensuring they are completely covered.
- 12Place in refrigerator 4-6 hours, turning occasionally to ensure they stay submerged in marinade.
- 13Remove steaks, and grill about 7 minutes on each side.
- 14Cut into 1"x1/2" strips, set aside.
- 16Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend with hand blender until smooth, or mash with a fork.
- 17Put a handful of fries in a bowl and top with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup carne asada strips, 1/4 cup guacmole, and 1/4 cup sour cream. Enjoy! (:.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Fries
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1129.0
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 253.4 mg
- Sodium 1523.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 70.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: