Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has fantastic flavor, hands down my favorite shrimp and rice recipe. It is adapted from a recipe I once found on FoodNetwork.com.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 28 ounces canned tomato puree
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 12 strands saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Prepare Jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, heat coconut milk, all seasonings and garlic in large non-stick pan over medium heat until garlic is tender.
- Cut red and green bell peppers into wide strips.
- Add tomato puree and pepper strips to pan and continue cooking until peppers are near tender.
- Add shrimp to pan and continue cooking until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Serve over jasmine rice.