This recipe has fantastic flavor, hands down my favorite shrimp and rice recipe. It is adapted from a recipe I once found on FoodNetwork.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 28 ounces canned tomato puree
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 12 strands saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Prepare Jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- 2While rice is cooking, heat coconut milk, all seasonings and garlic in large non-stick pan over medium heat until garlic is tender.
- 3Cut red and green bell peppers into wide strips.
- 4Add tomato puree and pepper strips to pan and continue cooking until peppers are near tender.
- 5Add shrimp to pan and continue cooking until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- 6Serve over jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Fusion Shrimp and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: