Recipe by pammyowl
Native to the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, this salad can be served hot or cold. In some areas it is even served for breakfast! Prep time does not include soaking time.
- 1 lb salt cod fish
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemons or 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salt cod in cold water to cover. Place in fridge for 24 hours, changing water 2-3 times.
- Debone and skin if needed. Cut into 1 " pieces.
- In a 2 quart saucepan place fish with water to cover, simmer gently until fish flakes easily, about 10 mn.
- Cut avocado into bite size pieces, toss with onion, tomatoes, olives and fish.
- Whisk oil, lemon or lime juice and pepper. Toss with salad.