Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Native to the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, this salad can be served hot or cold. In some areas it is even served for breakfast! Prep time does not include soaking time.
- Place salt cod in cold water to cover. Place in fridge for 24 hours, changing water 2-3 times.
- Debone and skin if needed. Cut into 1 " pieces.
- In a 2 quart saucepan place fish with water to cover, simmer gently until fish flakes easily, about 10 mn.
- Cut avocado into bite size pieces, toss with onion, tomatoes, olives and fish.
- Whisk oil, lemon or lime juice and pepper. Toss with salad.
this is delicious. you have to go to a specialty market to get salted cod.