Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light. September 2003.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, sour cream, and cardamom; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in pistachios.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool bread completely on wire rack.
This is a delicious bread! I didn't have cardamom, so substituted with 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Thank you so much.
I also have this recipe from Cooking LIght and love it. I love bananas and pistachios--what a nice mix! I highly recomend this bread.
I had no idea this was a cooking light recipe until now. It doesn't taste low in fat at all and it's really good. I love banana bread and I really love pistachios, so I had to try this. It's a pretty bread to have around for company and the hint of cardamom is nice. I doubled the pistachios and didn't chop them finely because we love crunch, but I'll try it your way next time to see what way we prefer.