Caramel fondue is easy to make and is fun for a crowd. Roll pieces of caramel coated fruit or poundcake in shaved chocolate, chopped nuts or coconut. Mmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces cups unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb cake, angelfood cake,brownies,bananas,pineapple,pears and apples,for dipping
- shaved chocolate, chopped nuts,grated coconut and minced dried fruit,for sprinkling
- 1In medium saucepan, combine the sugar with the corn syrup and water.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes.
- 3Increase the heat to moderately high and simmer, brushing down the sides of the saucepan occasionally with a wet brush, ntil the syrup starts to turn golden.
- 4Gently swirl the pan and continue to simmer until a deep amber caramel forms, about 40 minutes total from the time you started.
- 5Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- 6Carefullyl stir in the heavy cream, then stir in the butter until melted.
- 7Return the saucepan to the heat and bring the caramel just to a simmer.
- 8Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 9Let the caramel cool for 30 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- 10Pour the caramel into a heatproof serving bowl or fondue pot set over low heat and serve with the cake, fruit and garnishes.
- 11The caramel can be refrigerated for 1 week.
- 12Rewarm gently over low heat.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (1036 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.4
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.7 mg
- Sodium 36.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 110.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: