Recipe by Dish with Tish
If you are looking for a decadent fall dessert, look no further. This cheesecake has crunch, creaminess, sweet, and sour all in one bite!
For the Crust
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 8 tablespoons softened butter, at room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, combine crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar, and 6 tbsp melted butter. Incorporate all ingredients by hand and press down evenly. Bake for 9-10 mins and set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan melt caramels and evaporated milk over low heat, stirring continuously until smooth. Pour over crust.
- In a medium size bowl toss together apples, 2 tbsp sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon mixture over caramel layer.
- Using a stand or hand mixer,cream together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, (1 at a time) scraping bowl after mixing each egg. Mix slowly until smooth and creamy. Pour filling over apples evenly, using a flat spatula.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, brown sugar, and flour. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Sprinkle over cheesecake filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool at room temp for 2-4 hrs and then chill in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours Do not cover until chilled or else topping will get soggy. Enjoy!