Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adopted in the Great RecipeZaar Adoption of 2005 and it is an adoptee I'm proud to call my own. Easy to make with a nice cappuccino flavor. I recommend using espresso powder or 2 Tbls. of instant coffee for a stronger flavor. Enjoy! Family Circle magazine original recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together nuts, margarine and sugar.
- Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Filling: Turn oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Dissolve coffee granules with cinnamon in boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Gradually add cooled coffee mixture to cream cheese mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Pour over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 250 degrees and continue baking 1 hour.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan and cool before removing rim of pan.
- Chill and garnish with whipped cream if desired.
I made this for a friend's birthday lunch and got RAVES from the ladies for days afterwards. It actually prompted discussion about a 'mom' business of selling cheesecakes. I made it as written (except for adding some cinnamon to the base)and it turned out wonderfully. I used pecans as the base and they were a wonderful match. I used a rich dark roast instant coffee (Maxwell House I think?) and it was perfect. This is definitely getting made again.
Did not have espresso so I increased the coffee granules to 1 1/2 tablespoon. The end result of this cheesecake was great in texture and taste... My cheesecake came out having more of a coffee color then what is on the photograph.
If you love cappucinno and cheesecake, you will certainly love this dessert. It is fantastic. I made just as directed, except I used instant espresso in the place of the instant coffee. I wanted a little stronger coffee taste, and it made just the taste I was looking for. This is a real keeper.