Fried Rice (chow Fun)
Note: This is one of the recipes I adopted in the Great 'Zaar Ophan Adoption of 2005. I hope you enjoy it.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups rice, Cooked
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups meat, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bean sprout
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook bacon til lightly browned but not crunchy and set aside.
- Add beaten eggs to bacon drippings and scramble.
- Remove and chop very fine.
- Add cooked rice and fry for approximately 5 minutes stirring constantly then add remaining ingredients; mix well and continue cooking for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve piping hot.
- NOTE: Use your favorite meats; pork, chicken, ham, beef, or shrimp, or experiment with whatever tastes good to you.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Decided to try this recipe because of the bacon. WOW! I'm glad I did. I used 2 eggs instead of 3 and immediately after scrambling the egg, I added 1 1/2 cups of raw, salad-sized shrimp and stir-fried it first, before adding the rice and remaining ingredients. This added a little moisture to the pan but I went ahead and threw in the rice and rest of ingredients and finished it. The result was a yummy flavored fried rice. I'll be using this recipe again!