- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (mild, medium, or old)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan, and sauté onion and carrots until tender.
- Blend in flour, paprika, dry mustard and bouillon cubes.
- Gradually stir in milk and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth& thick, and mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add cheese, continually stirring until melted.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.