1/1 Photo of Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup
You might have guessed this is a copycat recipe and it rocks if you like Bean and Bacon Soup. Serve with cornbread and honey or sleeves of saltine crackers. Prep time includes bean soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups navy beans
- 6 slices uncooked bacon, diced
- 3 small carrots, minced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 dash dried red pepper flakes
- 6 -8 cups water (substituting 1 or 2 cups of ham stock for equal amount of water gives this soup extra depth)
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- salt and pepper
- 1Soak beans overnight and discard water.
- 2Place all ingredients EXCEPT wine vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and pepper in a large kettle.
- 3Simmer until beans are tender, around 3 hours.
- 4Puree 2 cups of soup and return to pot.
- 5Add wine vinegar and liquid smoke.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Taste; add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 603.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: