Quick Bean and Bacon Soup
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into thin stips
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can bean with bacon soup (I used Campbell's )
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can mixed beans (pinto and white beans )
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion and bacon on medium heat until onion is clear and bacon lightly browned (If needed add oil to brown bacon).
- Add bean and bacon soup to bacon/onion mixture.
- Then pour half of the can of mixed beans into a bowl and mash.
- Add the rest of the canned and mashed beans into saucepan with other ingredients (if the mixture seemed to thick add the water) .
- Stir until well mixed, and turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)