Recipe by ann hugo
A wonderful dish ..kids wouldn't eat liver and cooked it this way and told them it was steak..served it over rice or mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb calf liver, sliced in 1 inch strips
- 1 cup saltine crackers, broken into crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 large onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper liver strips and dip in egg and roll in cracker crumbs and place in hot oil till done; drain.
- Pour off oil to about 2 tablespoons oil add onions and cook till tender. Remove add flour to oil and brown to make a gravy. Add enough water to thicken the gravy.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked onions and cook for about ten minutess.
- Turn off heat and serve.